12.02.2020 - Located in the Trentino Region, Northern Italy, Alpe Cimbra has 3 main cities: Folgaria, Lavarone and Luserna.
Are you traveling to Alpe Cimbra in the Winter? Sweet, be ready for a lot of snow, frozen lakes, and wine by the fireplace. Are you planning to enjoy the Summer there? Then read our guide to what to do in Alpe Cimbra (by loveandroad.com) when the weather is warm and the sun is shining. We visited Alpe Cimbra last Summer and loved every single minute of our trip.
There are a lot of hotels, cozy bed & breakfast, cute mountain huts, and apartments to rent in Alpe Cimbra, but before booking one, you must consider a few things. Are you traveling to Alpe Cimbra for skiing? If so, then your accommodation in Alpe Cimbra must be close to the slopes. Mountain biking is your thing? Then book a room in a bike-friendly hotel. Is it a family trip? In this case, an apartment via Airbnb might be a better option. Are you traveling by car? Don’t forget to book a hotel with parking space.
You have to think of so many details that booking a hotel feels like a daunting task, I know. To guide you on the quest for the perfect room we created a list of where to stay in Alpe Cimbra, organized by cities, including the best hotels in each one.
• Where to stay in Folgaria – Alpe Cimbra
Why should you stay in Folgaria? The answer is easy, this is one of the oldest communities in Trentino, it has German-Cimbrian origins making it an interesting place to visit. Plus, the city has a cute city center with shops and restaurants selling the best wines and delicacies from around the region. During the Winter Folgaria is a hub for skiers due to its altitude, 1,170m above sea level, with slopes for Nordic skiing and Alpine skiing. In the Summer the city offers endless biking and hiking trails, and an 18-hole golf course at 1,200m of altitude.
• Alpen Hotel Eghel: we spent two nights there and had a great time. The property is big and offers from standard rooms to superior double and family rooms, all with breakfast included in the rates. The hotel has a gorgeous restaurant [the food we ate was delicious], bar, swimming pool, sauna, spa, kids playground and parking. It’s conveniently located a few meters from Folgaria city center, close to many hiking and biking trails, ski slopes and the public transportation stops by the hotel door.
• Hotel Luna Bianca: reviewed as the couple’s favorite place to stay in Folgaria, this is a new property that offers a more luxurious stay without spending too much. It’s close to the city center, the ski slopes and offers a variety of rooms, restaurant, spa and parking on the property.
• Relais Fior di Bosco: if you want to save money without compromising the quality of your stay, this is one of the best places to stay in Folgaria. The reviews are good and the price won’t hurt your pocket. The hotel is located close to the city center and 1.5 km from the nearest ski slope.
• Where to stay in Lavarone – Alpe Cimbra
Lavarone is located 1,170m above sea level, it’s an alpine paradise with a lake that carries the name of the city. Lake Lavarone is busy during the Summer with water sports, beaches, yoga classes and more. During the winter it becomes an ice skating rink. Lavarone is also famous for the Forte Belvedere, cycling trails, and the mountain bike park.
How about a ‘higher’ campsite?
• Nordic Resort Millegrobbe: Although we had dinner, breakfast and used the spa from Millegrobbe Resort and I can tell you everything was beyond amazing, we didn’t technically sleep at the hotel. We slept in suspended tents in the surrounding forest, we talk about that on our list of cool things to do in Alpe Cimbra in the Summer. It’s a bit far from Lavarone lake, but the location is superb. For skiers, Millegrobbe has a cross-country skiing center that is worth checking out and it’s also a bike-friendly hotel.
• Hotel Al Lago: if your trip to Alpe Cimbra requires a lake view, Hotel Al Lago is the perfect match for you. The hotel offers a private beach by Lake Lavarone and it’s a 5-minute drive from the city center. The hotel has a classic mountain decor and offers a restaurant that serves local dishes and breakfast which is included in the room rate.
Lavarone Bike Park
• Garnì Il Muretto: this hotel is perfect for bikers who don’t want to spend more than 5 minutes to get to Lavarone Bike Park. It’s a 3-star property with cozy rooms, free wifi, breakfast and a shared lounge with a bar. Everything you need after a busy day enjoying Alpe Cimbra mountain bike trails.
• Where to stay in Luserna – Alpe Cimbra
Luserna is the place to experience Alpe Cimbra traditions, the village uses an ancient language called Cimbrian that is still spoken by 90% of the population. On the top of the mountains, at 1,333m above sea level, the city is the perfect place for travelers that want to relax and also be close to places like the Lavarone ski area and the Millegrobbe cross-country skiing center.
He’s smiling ’cause he knows how awesome this breakfast is!!
• Lusernarhof: we only stopped there for an unforgettable breakfast, but that was enough to make us fall in love with the hotel. The location is superb with views to die for and close to many hiking trails. The hotel offers comfy rooms, a restaurant, and a terrace. The property is close to Luserna’s main attractions and restaurants, a good base if you want to explore the region.
• Apartments in Alpe Cimbra
There are plenty of apartments to rent in Alpe Cimbra, all over the three cities we mentioned above and also in small villages or tucked in the middle of the mountains. Apartments are the best option for families, groups of friends or couples that want to have privacy and enjoy the feeling of living in the mountains. We use Airbnb for renting apartments and houses worldwide. The platform is safe, you have honest reviews and you can get in touch with the property owner before the trip to know more about the apartment.
To find the best apartments in Alpe Cimbra search on www.alpecimbra.it for places in Folgaria, then you can see all the options in the city and around.