Final destination of an easy walk that departs from the village of Slaghenaufi, surrounded by the woods in a natural frame of great beauty.
It is still possible to read the names of the buried soldiers on the 748 crosses in graveyard, among which many Hungarians and Bosnians.
In the northern area, there is the Chapel, which was built in 1954 and restored in 1992.
During WW1 nearby the cemetery, the military hospital run by the Knights of Malta was built, from there the name ‘Malteser Spital Malga Belem’.
Nowadays the Municipality of Lavarone attend to the cemetery in accordance with Commissariato Generale Onor Caduti di Guerra and Croce Nera Austriaca.
How to get there:
From the village of Bertoldi follow the signs to the small village of Slaghenaufi.
From the parking, walk to the cemetery about 300 meters.